My name is Jola Skóra. On this website you’ll find info about who I am and what I do.
I TAKE PICTURES
I describe reality with photographs, sometimes going as far as creating a new reality with a camera.
I have a Bachelor degree in Multimedia Communication from Academy of Fine Arts in Poznan, Poland and a Masters degree in Cinematography and Television Production from Lodz Film School. My university studies taught me never to stop exploring and ask questions. I remember them fondly.
I take fashion, beauty, and portrait photos as well as shoots of apartments, houses and still life photographs.
- 1st place International Photography Awards 2010 (IPA2010), Fine Art: Portrait
- Honourable mention International Photography Awards 2009 (IPA2009), Advertising: Beauty
- 3rd place in Photographer category, Oskar’s of Fashion, Fashion Magazine, 2008
Combing images with graphics and typography in order to enhance the message has been important to me from the very beginning of my professional career.
I feel at home designing visual identities and my cooperation with WEDDING magazine gave me confidence doing layouts for fashion and lifestyle magazines.
I DEVELOP CREATIVE CONCEPTS
Challenging projects are what I enjoy the most. Creating a new brand identity or introducing a new product gives me the perfect opportunity to do just that. It allows me and my team to offer support which goes beyond just doing the shoot in accordance with the layout.
I REALIZE MY OWN PROJECTS
I enjoy taking pictures, sketching, designing, and my professional activities are always intertwined with my personal life. Apart from contracts I also realize my own projects which give me pleasure and allow me to clear my head and relax.
- Fabryka Fotografii / Factory od Photography, Fotofestiwal 2011, Łódź/PL, 2011
- W ISTOCIE RZECZY/IN THE MATTER OF THINGS, Západná terasa Bratislavského hradu Námestie A. Dubčeka 1, Bratysława/SK, 2011
- Disconnected Images / Rozłączone obrazy, Galeria Miejska BWA, Bydgoszcz/PL, 2011
- 1. Aukcja Sztuki Młodych Artystów / 1st Art Auction of Young Artists, Galeria Senatorska, Warsaw/PL, 2010
- 2010 International Photography Awards Best of Show, Splashlight Studios Soho, Nowy Jork/USA
- Fotografowie Jutra, 15 lat studiów fotograficznych w PWSFTviT, Ośrodek Propagandy Sztuki, Miejska Galeria Sztuki, Łódź/PL, 2008
- Rudzielce / Redheads, Galeria Refleksy, Warszawa/PL, 2011
- „Different colours of Beauty”, Sukces Pisany Szminką conference, Business Link/Zebra Tower, Warszawa/PL, 2013
- „Different colours of Beauty”, Gala of Businesswoman of the Year 2012, GWarsaw Stock Exchange, Warszawa/PL, 2013
I FOUNDED A COLLECTIVE
In September 2014 I founded JAM KOLEKTYW which specializes in providing a comprehensive set of services including interior photography, styling and design. Our offer is addressed to the broad home & living industry and includes developing creative concepts, taking photographs, designing interiors and graphics, building set decorations, designing interior decorations and general design.
PRESS / TELEVISION / INTERNET
Several projects I participated in produced some really neat publications.
- Blink* #6 – interview and article about ‘Redheads’ project
- „Rudzielce – Galeria Refleksy. Fotografie Joli Skóry”, Gazeta Wyborcza, 18.02.2011 r.
- TVP WARSZAWA / RYTM MIASTA – ‘Redheads’ exhibition coverage Galeria Refleksy, Warszaw/PL, 2011 // VIDEO
- TVP BYDGOSZCZ / MAGAZYN BYDGOSKI – „Disconnected Images / Rozłączone obrazy” exhibition coverage Galeria Miejska BWA, Bydgoszcz/PL, 2011 // VIDEO
- DODHO.COM http://dodho.com/readheads-jola-skora/
- FOTO-KURIER http://www.foto-kurier.pl/aktualnosci/wydarzenia/pokaz-1991-nagrody-dla-polakow-w-konkursie-international-photography-awards.html
- DIGART http://www.digart.pl/grupy/29/fotografia/news/88/Nagrody_dla_Polakow_w_konkursie_IPA.html#.UxW3seddWoU
- FOTOGRAFUJ.PL http://www.fotografuj.pl/News/Polacy_nagrodzeni_w_konkursie_International_Photography_Awards/id/4152
- FOTOPOLIS http://www.fotopolis.pl/index.php?n=11391
- ECHO MIASTA http://warszawa.naszemiasto.pl/artykul/wystawa-rudzielce-w-galerii-refleksy,788074,t,id.html
- FOTOGRAFIA KOLEKCJONERSKA http://www.fotografiakolekcjonerska.pl/relacje?id=10019
- GAZETA.PL http://warszawa.gazeta.pl/warszawa/1,101464,9116064,Ktory_rudzielec_prawdziwy_.html
- IRKA http://irka.com.pl/portal/News?news_id=1656
If you’re a set decorator, designer, hair stylist, make-up artist or an illustrator; if you draw, do post-production or simply want to do something fun – feel free to send me samples of your work. It might be the beginning of a really inspiring cooperation.
I was born in Warsaw and I still live here. I like to cook and eat, do yoga, cycle, meet people, and travel. I love animals, especially my ten-year-old cat – Gapcio (Dopey).